Genre: Sci-Fi/Drama
Cast: Hugh Jackman, Rachel Weisz
Directed by Darren Aronofsky
After watching "pi", I was curious about Darren Aronofsky's other films. And I landed upon "The Fountain". I had watched the trailer for this movie when it was released. But I never got a chance to watch it. So, when I came to know this was a Darren Aronofsky film, I decided to make it a must watch asap.
The movie is about 3 parallel stories about the same person. One story happens in the past, the second one in the present and the last one in the future. The story weaves in and out of these three stories. Hugh Jackman's character is in search of a cure for his love interest so that their love lasts for an eternity. For this he has to get the samples of the "Tree of Life" which has its origins in the Bible. Love, Spirituality and the cycle of life forms the crux of the film.
Darren Aronofsky has done a marvelous job as the director and also as the story-writer for the film. While watching the movie, I was constantly thinking and I am really satisfied that the director has maintained the same tempo throught the movie.
A thought provoker!!!
7
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(93)
-
▼
July
(54)
- Syriana ( Multiple Languages ) ( 2005 )
- You Don't Mess With The Zohan ( E ) ( 2008 )
- Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay ( E ) ...
- Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle ( E ) ( 2004 )
- The Onion Movie ( E ) (2008 )
- Batman:Gotham Knight ( Animation ) ( E ) ( 2008 )
- Ano em Que Meus Pais Sairam de Ferias, O ( Multipl...
- Bikur Ha-Tizmoret ( The Band's Visit ) ( Multiple ...
- 4 luni, 3 saptamani si 2 zile ( Romanian ) ( 2007 )
- The Dark Knight ( E ) ( 2008 )
- Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story ( E ) ( 2007 )
- The Constant Gardener ( E ) ( 2005 )
- Then She Found Me ( E ) ( 2007 )
- Never Back Down ( E )
- Dream
- My Domain
- You've got mail ( E )
- The Fountain ( E )
- Step Up 2: The Streets ( E )
- Need of it
- American History X ( E )
- Pi ( E )
- Flawless ( E )
- Morgan and Jack
- The Bucket List ( E )
- College Road Trip ( E )
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall ( E )
- Horton Hears a Who! ( Animation )
- Analze This ( E )
- Hullabaloo in the Gauva Orchard ( Book )
- The Great Debaters ( E )
- Purpose
- Rock On! ( Audio )
- What Happens In Vegas ( E )
- Jaane Tu...Ya Jaane Na ( H )
- Tribute
- Balls Of Fury ( E )
- Migration
- The Other Boleyn Girl ( E )
- No Heading!!
- 21 ( E )
- Into The Wild ( E )
- Charlie And The Chocolate Factory ( E )
- Jackie Brown ( E )
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas ( E )
- Blade Runner ( E )
- Brick Lane ( E )
- City Of God (Cidade de Deus) ( Portuguese )
- Revamping!
- Fight Club ( E )
- When I attained the age to think logically 4
- When I attained the age to think logically 3
- Cloverfield ( E )
- Kuselan ( Audio )
-
▼
July
(54)
19.7.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment