Blog Archive

3.7.08

When I attained the age to think logically 4

Adolescence! The period when one gets too much concerned about one's physical appearance and other factors within. And I was a victim to that. Will this dress suit me? More than that the thoughts would be, Will my friends accept me in their group, with this dressing style, with this accent? It can also be stated as an "inferiority complex". When I was bogged down with all these, it was my parents who suffered the brunt. It was all $ $ $ for them. More and more expenditure. The transition help came through my dad. His selection sense and his nature about things inspired me a lot. I am not talking about the periods between 10th grade and 12th grade. This happened after the 12th grade. His way of attitude influenced me to think, why not my own style?
There is the grand beginning of the next stage. My style in everything. No emulation. Emulation existed into the 2nd year of college in dressing styles and hair styles( mainly to be attractive in front of the girls(more on that later)). With my own style, it was different. I had a confidence level that was higher. And I was proud about myself. That feeling is different. It has got to be experienced to understand it. I look back at those school days and I laugh. Emulation is the worst art. It will be realised late. But that is the exact time to realise it. My style....I rock

No comments: