Blog Archive

23.7.08

The Constant Gardener ( E ) ( 2005 )

Genre: Drama/Thriller/Romance
Cast: Ralph Fiennes, Rachel Weisz
Directed by Fernando Meirelles
Based on the novel by John le Carre
This was a book that I had on the top of my list. But never got the chance. So when I got hold of the movie, I was raring to go. And after watching it, I am left with no great performances or a great cinematic vision. This movie was one of the initial attempts into the offbeat scenario. Movies like "blood diamond" "city of god" "a mighty heart" falls into this category.
The movie has a strong message, but it doesn't tug to the heart like "blood diamond". A story showcased as a story. Nothing more, nothing less. Ralph Fiennes has underplayed his role. His role is completely different from the one he did in "in bruges". The improvement can be clearly seen.
Go for this one, if the offbeats are on your lists.
6.5

No comments: