26.8.08

Lock,Stock And Two Smoking Barrels ( E ) ( 1998 )

Genre: Crime/Comedy
Cast: Jason Flemyng, Dexter Fletcher, Jason Statham
Directed by Guy Ritchie
When I started off with this film. I did not understand a single scene. I was like, what the heck!! And the British accent didn't help me much in understanding the plot. But, as the movie jumped forward I got a basic idea of the plot.
The Plot: A group of 4 guys pool in about 1 mn pounds for entering an illegal card game run by a porn king. Eventually, the guy who represented the 4 guys gets fooled by the porn king and he has a debt to pay to the porn king within 1 week. So, that is for starters.
There are a total of five parallel stories in the movie including the above mentioned. As the movie unravels, it is a lot of fun.
Highly stylised by Guy Ritchie, this is a cool gangster flick and a must watch.
8.5

1 comment:

Unknown said...

With you on everythng there !

It was a helluva experience watching this masterpiece..but hey gotta say, its the IRISH pronunciation that gotcha bro, not British..if you d listen closely, you d find a similarity to Ronan Keating even ;)!

Rock on bro..

Cheers