When I set out to watch this movie, I pretty much didn’t have any idea what it was going to be. I just knew that it was a thriller in which a kidnap was involved. The only reason that I decided to watch this was for the good public appreciation and these days low budget movies do have good scripts and storyline.
Halfway through the movie, I was flabbergasted. I had decided to get out. But what about my 45 bucks. Ok, let the interval reach, I decided that I will give it a grace period up to that. Interval cometh, I find the going-ons a little bit interesting.
I stay and by the time the movie reached its climax, I was fairly surprised. The movie had a profound effect on me. The thing I had hated when the movie was going on was the comedy track running within the story line. I was kicking myself thinking that how could a sane person make jokes when he is in such a serious situation. But, by the end, I was truly amazed by the ability of the director to write such a script with a mix of all ingredients and in the end making the audience go in stride with him. Venkat Prabhu has got guts and he will go places.
The story doesn’t end there. Recently I watched the movie again with my dad. He made me stop halfway through. The reason: the obvious similarity to the famed Kamal-starrer, “Panchathanthiram”. 4 Friends in Saroja and 5 in the other-check, 1 girl- check, thriller- check, comedy track within the story line-check. Absolute rip-off. Can be also called as inspiration.
Whatever be it, this guy has done a good job in bringing up a decent movie. And Kudos to that. And absolutely looking forward to his next multi-starrer “Goa”. Of course, there will be girls and fun!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment